Saturday, October 18, 2008

Who said Saturday was for relaxing?

Saturday...whew...full day for sho! Last night was our Midnight Madness. It was cool...it could have been structured differently but I appreciate the folks that worked on the program and everyone that attended. The guys from last year's team got their championship rings and it was good to see the excitement on their faces! We just didn't get out of the gym until 11:30 p.m or so.

We had practice this morning from 6-8:30/9 a.m so I had to leave da house at 5. After practice I was going to go to the grocery store to get some items to fix breakfast but because of time...I picked up some breakfast from Pete's near campus. Good thing I did cause by the time I got home there was only time for a quick shower and my ride was out front. I rode with my buddy Hop to the Morgan vs Howard game at Howard University. We played Howard for their Homecoming! My daughter actually met me at the game too! Great game...went into double overtime but Da Bears were victorious! Had to rush to drop my baby gurl off at home and head back to campus for our 2nd practice of the day.

We went from 7-9 p.m and it was off to the house for some needed rest. The fellas tried to get me to watch the Hopkins/Pavlik fight (I got Hopkins...He's a Warrior!). I dropped by the spot just to holla at those cats, then I really came home to shut it down for REAL. But not before I blog! Ahh! Busy day, but the excitement of practice starting, the football team winning and the start of practice (yeah I know I said it twice) is enough to keep me going. Let me get some zzz's... gotta be at the gym at 8 a.m tomorrow. Sleep is overrated!

No comments: