Monday, December 1, 2008

Sometimes kids don't believe fire is HOT!

You would think that after I addressed the team from a positive stand point after a loss they would feel good about themselves and come to practice pumped and ready to go. NOT! They weren't ready to practice, guys arrived late, etc. Unbelievable is the only way I can explain it. I through them out of the gym today cause they weren't ready to focus and practice. I preach to them everyday that this thing is more than about basketball. The little things are BIG! I told them to get themselves together and be ready for the shoot-a-round tomorrow or they are going to get their A$$es kicked Monday night. Only time will tell...

I spent the day meeting with the assistant coaches and then the senior captains of the team. Hey...it's their team and their last opportunity to enjoy a college basketball season. It's a count down for them and you would hope that it means enough to them that they would step up and take the reins of this team. I'm be on communicating and sometimes it's better to get everything out on the table so there are no misunderstandings. We'll cccccccccccccccccc......

No comments: