Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Rest and Re...laxation! Everybody needs some

After the last day of the summer recruiting I went to Myrtle Beach for a three day golf outing with 40 buddies. We get together every year and play golf Ryder Cup style. I have to say that it is BIG TIME Fun! We have a blast and it is like going to camp as an adult. I won’t mention anyone’s name but there are good dudes from all around the country and we gather for golf and fellowship! Now, this was the 5th year of the tournament. The first two years that I attended, I finished last. The 3rd year I moved up in the rankings and this year…BAM! I moved up to another level and took a higher handicap! I was unofficially voted most improved for the weekend. That didn’t stop me from getting hit by a ball! I have a serious bruise to show for it too! I really look forward to this weekend every year because the fellas are some really good cats and the guys that run the event are first class and run the event in a first class manner. The crystal trophies(for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place) are great and the team awards are special as well. By the way yours truly was on the winning team for the first time in 4 years! You couldn’t “Tell me Nuthing!”...a little, Kanye West there.

Well I’m now back in the saddle and looking forward to an exciting basketball season. We will have an opportunity to practice a little early starting August 19th. I’ll fill you in later…gotta run.

No comments: